There are many pages on the internet offering supposed “Buddha quotes on friendship.” Some of those pages rank top on Google for searches on that topic. My own page on 10 genuine Buddha quotes on friendship is currently ranking much lower, although hopefully that will change.
I looked at the page that ranks highest for “Buddha quotes on friendship” and found, with no great surprise, that all ten of the quotes on the page were fake.
I’ve written each of those quotes up separately, but I thought it would be good to have a list of links to them all, to help you find them more easily.
Here’s the list of Fake Buddha Quotes on friendship.
- Friendship is the only cure for hatred, the only guarantee of peace.
- A friend is someone who knows everything about your life and still loves you.
- Always love your friends from your heart and not from your needs.
- Many people will walk in and out of your life. But only true friends will leave footprints in your heart.
- Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
- A sweet friendship refreshes the soul.
- The most valuable gift you can receive is an honest friend.
- A true Friend’s silence hurts more than an enemy’s rough words.
- It can be one of the hardest things in life to lose your best friend.
- Good friends are like stars. You don’t always see them, But you know they are there.
I always make a point of trying to track down the actual origins of a Fake Buddha Quote where that’s possible, so you’ll find that information in each post. And I also like to present genuine quotes from the Buddhist scriptures, so hopefully you’ll get a better sense of what the Buddha said and how he said it (or how he’s recorded as having said it).
Bonus Fake Buddha Quotes on Friendship
Over the years I’ve documented a few other FBQ’s on the topic of Friendship. Here’s a list:
- “When someone goes wrong, it is right for his real friends to move him, even by force, to do the right thing.”
- “An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body but an evil friend will wound your mind.”
- “Who is your enemy? Mind is your enemy. Who is your friend? Mind is your friend.”